The purpose of the association shall be:
- To represent and serve the needs of Delaware art educators.
- To promote a philosophy of art education, which establishes, maintains and integrates art learning as an essential part of education.
- To clarify the goals and purposes of art education to the public.
- To encourage research and experimentation in art education.
- To provide stimulus for the individual member as a creative artist.
- To recognize excellence in art and art education, and to support the arts in the community at large.
- To hold art education related conferences, workshops, and programs.
- To publish articles, reports, and survey.
- To work with other arts related organizations at the national, state, public and private agency level.